Sunday, January 07, 2007

Starbound


2am nonsense-chatter...
You shouldn’t be here.
Still you crawl quiet now. An old sky, dim with dirt, the horizon alight all with war.
Crawl here, into my arms. Whisper now, your filthy name into my ear.
Collapse onto a midnight bed, you can hardly stand. Don’t worry, sweet angel, I won’t let you fall.
Your head held in my hand that is why I’m here. Understand; I want to understand.
I can’t see you in your eyes, can you see me at all?

Oh you gorgeous slut, oh your champagne legs. The drink goes to my head.
Pale sun sets behind the gasworks as down greasy streets, into tangled sheets, we tumble.
Funny I never saw it coming.
“Love forever, love the now”, honey told me.
I curled into the seat and shook.

There is blood in the milk, and all my whispered words lost in your autumn hair. Coming up for air on a rented bed. I wanted to feel you, I didn’t mean to kill you. You’ll be the death of me. Whisper now, your pretty lies into my ear. I’m not listening anyway.

Some different days stretch ahead. Will you walk with me from here?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn’t be here.

Perhaps. But it is writing like this that has made me a night owl. The house is quiet. Even the wind has stopped outside the window to hear the words as I read them.

Thank you, Dielo.

07 January, 2007  
Blogger nina said...

I agree with Kochanie, it makes me a night owl too. I felt the throb, the pulse of this. I'm deeply intrigued now.

xoxo,
nina

07 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These different days feel strange and brooding, yet ripe with promise. Your words chill me enough to seduce me. Will I walk with you from here?

Naturally.

Lena

09 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dielo,
"You shouldn't be here."

Oh, you must know what magic words those are, yes? What absolutely spellbinding, shivery words.

This was beautiful and scary and amazingly intimate. The voice of it in my head was a hot whisper in the dark. I loved it.

Thank you for the link. I have with pleasure returned the favor.

10 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're terrible and I adore you.

13 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally figured out what happened.

You've abducted Magdelena. Invited her to a private hotel for an afternoon of tea and strumpets. Poor Lena! She didn't know the tea was drugged, which is why you were able to roll her up in that carpet. You thought you were clever, but the waiter saw those red dancing shoes peeking out of the end of the rolled up rug, as you hid your catch in the boot of the car.

Be nice to her, Dielo. She's a good girl, that Lena. And if you post something soon, I won't tell anyone where you are hiding her.

25 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home