Thursday, March 16, 2006

cafe


she sits by the window lost in her hair.

no one looks your way.

subdued, yet very much aware of my surroundings.

no one talks to her. she talks to someone on her mobile.

you do realise you've just put salt in your coffee, don't you?

so many teenage mothers stare back at me from the gaudy windows of the mcdonalds

we're all running wild or waiting to explode

nobody listens, just waits for their turn to talk

i must stop making enemies of my friends

this life, i tell you.

i appreciate this anger.

suppose the world wasn't ending

in a room at the top of some stairs i found you

ahh. i hope i locked the door.

i want to find a bed to crawl in and sleep away the rest of these days. can you help me out with that?

that was a wistful tune.

so easy to let the time just slide by

i can't do this if your heart belongs to someone else!

he sits in the sunstreaked window of the cafe waiting for his friend he wants us to think will eventually show up.

i dont even like espresso im just happy to sit here.

that girl took two minutes deciding what flavour muffin to have. in the end she didn't have the right change.

i lie in an late bed.

you turn me on.

whispers in the night

kisses that feel like christmas morning

you need to be touched
hugged
and held
you need to feel
my gaze
on your neck
my breath
on your ear
you need to
turn your head
around
you need to
hold my
hand
face
my everything
you need to sit
still with me
you need to
hold me

this isn't working

six a.m and six foot down, already up with the lark. i watch you dress and go

you should be happy that you are not a stereotype.

there just never seems time for anything.

can you forget about him?

if you didn’t want this you wouldn’t be here now

don't go

people you love die, people you despise survive

i don’t want to hear the truth

i always feel i’m in the wrong place. there‘s somewhere else i should be.

mother, i’ve disappointed you

fingers crossed for happiness

dead at 30 buried at 70.

shopping is not creating.

monsters exist.

we barely use our minds

most of what we do is a hoax

remember earth clearly.

you are your own sex.

i promise, one day sweetheart, i will buy you fifty dresses.

your quiet, gentle fingers, they somehow slipped from my hand

purchased experiences don't count.

there is no worse enemy than the one incapable of knowing why they may be wrong

i'm not a liar, i'm a hypocrite

how do you do it, how do you glide through life like you do, as if living is an easy thing

where are you, i’m on my way

some people don’t know what it means to have a real real good time.

i’m going to try

i'm not worth looking at twice today.

it seems, in the end, we settle for less

forget it, it’s nothing




take a strand of your hair
on my fingers let it fall
across the pillow lift to my nostrils
inhale your body entire

“sleeping with you after
weeks apart how normal
yet after midnight
to turn and slide my arm
along your thigh
drawn up in sleep
what delicate amaze

~(adrienne rich, “memorize this”)



i'm going away you'll be pleased to hear. it’s my birthday on sunday. i’ll be in sweden then. back after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home